Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Claire Scrapbook Layout

I just finished teaching a six-session scrapbooking class to the most amazing girls.  They were in second-fifth grade and not only were they creative and artistically talented, they were just the sweetest, most fun group of girls, too!  What a blessing to get to share my passion for scrapbooking with them.  Here we are on our last day:

Each week, I created a different themed layout, using CTMH papers and accessories, naturally!  For the last class, I used the Claire Paper Packet and the Girls Rock stamp set.  I just love the flowers and border stamps in this cute set!  I also used the Chocoate Alphabet Stamp to create the "epic" title.  Did you know that "epic" is the new "awesome" or "cool?"  I didn't until a former scrapbooking student let me in on "what the kids are saying these days!"  Ha!


Using my Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, I was able to cut out shapes that perfectly matched the flower shapes.  This awesome cartridge easily cuts out flower shapes from our new Glitter Paper, too.  Then, a little of the Silver Shimmer Trim (LOVE that it's self-adhesive!), a few buttons from the Buttons Pink Assortment and voila...one cute layout!

I focus on a different technique or two each week with my Scrappy Gals.  This week, we did border stamping, rock'n'roll stamping and second generation stamping.  Check it out:


It was amazing to me that each girl put her own spin on the layout.  Almost nobody ever copied my layout design exactly.  It just shows the artistic flair inside each one of us when we're encouraged to let our creativity shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment