Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Love is in the Air!

I'm always a bit depressed taking down Christmas decorations.  But, this year, I've decided to focus on creating some new Valentine's Day decor to fill the empty corners and doors.


This photo really doesn't do this little wall hanging justice due to the bright white door.  But, here's how I created it:
  1. I bought an 8x10 canvas from my local craft store and "painted" it with Red Glitz Glitter Glue.  Then, I set it aside to dry for about an hour.
  2. While it was drying, I cut out several hearts and the word Love with my CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, using a retired CTMH paper pack, Roxie.
  3. I used some Bonding Memories Glue to adhere the hearts and letters to the glittered canvas.
  4. Then, I "painted" Mod Podge over the entire surface of the canvas.  At first, your art will look very dull and cloudy.  After the Mod Podge dries, you have a beautiful, protected piece of art!
  5. Finally, I used my CTMH Stapler to attach two pieces of Black Tulle Ribbon to the back of the canvas frame and tied a sweet little bow to hang the picture.

How are you decorating for Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment