Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Layout at the Crop

Such a fun Friday night with my scrapbooking pals!  We worked on a variety of projects until about midnight, when I was literally falling asleep in my ink pads.

Here's the layout I created for the make and take.

I really wasn't sure about the colors at first, but I grew to love it.  I used Close To My Heart's new "how to" book, Make It from Your Heart, Pattern 14.  I just love this book, with 16 layouts and 10 card patterns, it's a steal at just $7.95!

I used Bulk Dakota paper, Avonlea B&T and Honey, Olive and Chocolate Cardstock.  I just used ribbon and embellishments that I had on hand and let everyone add their own "flare" to their layout.

Add my next crop to your calendar, Friday, October 19th (5 p.m. to midnight) for fun, friendship food and another fabulous make and take!

7 comments:

  1. Had a great time at your crop! This is a beautiful layout! I can't wait to take some Fall pictures with the changing leaves soon and complete it!! Thanks, Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you came, Laura! I always have a great time with you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I want to see what you've been working on lately, too!

      Delete
  3. It's so great to see other's ideas when it comes to "thinking outside the box", something which I don't do. In this case, the 'box' for me would be that "I must ONLY make a layout from ONE paper pack, because it all matches!".... and then I see by your great layout that I'm oh, so very wrong!!!... I love this!!! Your layout is fantastic!!!...

    I'll have to force myself to think about doing something like this in the future, and let go of my OCD'ness (is that a word,lol?) about ONE paper pack! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauala, thanks so much for your comment! And yes, I have trouble with that, too. Let's have an OCD craft night sometime!!! Ha!

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the extra a in Paula in my reply. :)

      Delete