Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fall/Winter 2012 New Product Blog Hop

I know you've been enjoying the amazing collection of artwork featuring new product from Close To My Heart.  Thanks for coming from the amazingly talented Tamra Pope's blog.

There are so many gorgeous paper packs in CTMH's latest Idea Book, it was hard to focus on one for this blog hop.  Halloween is a favorite holiday of mine and Moonlight really drew me in.  I created a little purse from the new Cricut Artiste cartridge and filled it with spooktacular cards.  Check it out:


Here's a close up of the bag, don't you just love the "best witches" sentiment from the zip strip?!



I used the the Black/Colonial White striped B&T paper from Moonlight to cut out the bag. Using Artiste, 3D Object feature and I cut Fit to Page <3>.  I also used Artiste to cut out that little Autumn Terracotta circle next to "best witches" with 3D Object feature at 3/4" Shift <2>. 


The cards are all 3"x3" and I just used my paper trimmer for them.  To cut out the "Magic Potions" shapes, I just looked at the Magic Potions stamp set (C1509) and the My Acrylix overlay now tells which Cricut cartridge to use, which page to find the coordinating image and the size to cut it at!  WOO HOO CTMH!!!  Talk about faster, simpler and easier!

To create the frayed/branchy look on the bag and the OWL card, I used Black Hemp (Z282) and just seperated the strands.  I love that they're kind of stiff and witchy looking!

Here's a list of supplies I used, with the new product in bold:
Moonlight Paper Packet (p. 56), X7161B, $9.95
Moonlight Complements Dimensional Elements (p. 56), X7161C, $4.95
Haunted Assortment (p.128), Z1741, $4.95
Sparkles Black & Grey Assortment (p. 127), Z1754, $2.95
Silver Shimmer Trim (p. 124), Z1799, $4.95
My Acrylix Magic Potions Stamp Set (p. 57), C1509, $13.95
My Acrylix Creepy Creatures Stamp Set (p. 58), C1522, $13.95
Cricut Artiste Collection (p. 15), Z1790, $99
Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (p. 9), Z2105, $5.25
Smokey Plum Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (p. 9), Z2147, $5.25
Colonial White Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (p. 9), Z2168, $6.95
Baker's Twine Neutral Assortment (p. 125), Z1701, $4.95
Black Hemp (p. 125), Z282, $2.25

Don't stop hoppin'!  Head over to see what the wonderful Mary Eisen has in store for you!

Magic Potions, C1509

Creepy Creatures, C1522
No bones about it...I love my friends who read to the bottom!
Comment that you read this an get an extra drawing for my Avonlea mini album drawing on August 31st! 



36 comments:

  1. Oh my, i love all your projects, so cute....Halloween is my favorite holiday, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute...love it!! I am going to give this one a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Halloween cards-- so cute! I didn't participate int this bloghop, but I'm now a follower of your blog. Great work, Maureen
    http://somethingtoscrapabout-maureen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love Michelle - GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your punny comments - and best witches is awesome, no bones about it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always read to the bottom, just like I like to stay until all the credits have run for movies! Thanks for sharing you creations and where exactly to find them in the new catalog! rgauss at sbcglobal dot net.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i read this!!! don't want to miss anything!!!
    mom of muffie (Cindie)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! And, I got your comments, ladies...you'll be entered into my drawing on August 31st!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that Magic Potions stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards and little bag are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen HB (enderrud@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com)August 28, 2012 at 7:08 PM

    Yes, I always read to the bottom! I LUV Halloween more than any other holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so super cute! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read to the bottom. Send me the Avonlea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cards and am going to make them for my preschool class. Thanks for the instructions and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute! I read all the way to the bottom. Also just added myself as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are awesome! Congrats to you on the nod from the CTMH FB page--that is how I found you! Read the whole thing, I promise! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a inspiration...I need to get to work on Halloween themes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just found your blog through ctmh....I love your projects for Halloween great ideas! No bones about it

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just found your blog through ctmh....I love your projects for Halloween great ideas! No bones about it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooo so cute! Now I'm wanting to create!! Thanks for sharing your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so creative! Love these! And I always read to the bottom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it all. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute and I don't even do Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks everyone. And, I've entered the commenters into my drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Boo said the bones. Thanks for great idead

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love what you have done with these products! =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice work. I love halloween now that I can make all these adorably scarey projects.

    ReplyDelete