Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Love America Star Wreath

Happy Fourth of July!  First, a big thank you to all those serving our country at home and abroad.  You are what makes this country the land of the free and the home of the brave!

A few months ago, I attended LeaderShare in New Jersey with the fabulous Lynn Como and Kristina Livingstone.  At LeaderShare, I had the opportunity to create an auction item to raise money for Operation Smile.  I had been wanting to try out this wreath I'd seen on Mandy Leahy's site using the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge


I used the Superhero Paper Pack (X7152B) and cut out a variety of sizes of stars.  I covered the base of a large circle from the Dimensional Elements on Target (Z1226) (on sale for $2 while supplies last!) with flat two inch stars.  Then, I used my favorite scoring board and scored all of the stars along their points.  This allowed me to "pop" them up a bit.  It does make it a little hard to secure all of those stars, but glue dots and liquid glass helped me keep them in place.  I just kept adding stars until I had the effect I wanted.



Then, I used the white twine from the Neutral Baker's Twine Assortment (Z1701) to adhere pennants and letters I'd cut out using the Art Philosophy Cartridge on my Cricut.  That cartridge is so full of shapes that I've rarely used anything since getting it last year!

I hope you have a safe and happy Fourth of July!  We're off to our town parade for my boys to walk with their Cub Scout troop and to salute our veterans.  God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Love that wreath, Michelle! It turned out great! Now I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love red/white/blue patriotic art! New follower~ Jane

    ReplyDelete