Friday, December 16, 2011

Gift Card Holder

Teachers play such an important role in our children's lives.  And, being a former teacher, I know how great it feels when a parent acknowledges my effort.  So, I bought gift cards for my sons' teachers this year and wanted to present them in a pretty way.
I made good use of my Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge and cut out almost everything with it.  Here's the super easy gift card holder I created:


Here it is opened up.
I used the Believe bulk paper, Topiary, Holiday Red and White Daisy cardstock.  The stamp set is Holiday Cheer, B1381.  To create the card, use the Card feature and cut .  I cut mine at 5 1/2 inches so that I could get two from one piece of cardstock.  I cut out at 1 1/4 inches for the Happy Holiday sentiment and again at 1 1/2 inches for the contrasting color.

Just add some adhesive or glue dots and attach your gift card inside, write a personal message and you're done!

Thanks to Carolyn Wheeler, www.cropcandy.com, for the idea for this cute card.  You can see her YouTube tutorial for more info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEdgLkiR8U.

No comments:

Post a Comment