Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Card

Yesterday I posted a THANKS banner.  I'm going to continue with the Thanksgiving theme another day before I jump feet first into Christmas.

I have to admit, Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday.  It's not that I don't think people should be thankful and celebrate gratitude, it's just that I think we should practice that every day, not just once a year.  That being said, family gathering together to enjoy a meal is always a precious event.  This year, we'll be celebrating with my husband's parents.  I created these cards to send to the rest of our family to tell them how thankful we are for them, too.



If you're familiar with Close To My Heart's Fall/Winter Idea Book 2011, you'll notice this card looks a lot like the one on page 66.  I used paper that I had left from other projects (like some extra Olivia), so I'll let you choose your green and orange shades along with some Colonial White cardstock.  Then, I used the My Acrylix So Grateful stamp set, one of my favorites.  I popped up the pumpkin with a little 3-D tape, added some accents from the Honey Mini Medley Collection and viola! a simple sweet card.

Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment