Friday, August 26, 2011

Jenny's Stamps

My dear friend, Jenny Maresca, just had a birthday and I wanted to give her something special.  See, I've known her since her actual birth.  Her mom is my godmother and my dad is her godfather.  Jenny is a couple years younger than I am and has an older brother closer to my age.  He, another family friend, Michele, and I used to pal around together, with "little" Jenny trailing behind.  Then, as we got older and more focused on school friends, I lost touch with Jenny for a while.  She's recently back in my life and guess what...she loves to scrapbook and make cards!  So, this similar interest has really bonded us.

Okay, back to her birthday gift.  Jenny recently asked me about CTMH's My Acrylix Organizer as she's collected enough stamps to fill one.  So, I decided that would be part of her gift from me.  But I couldn't just give it to her plain.  I "Jennyfied" it, decorating it with lots of butterflies-her favorite!  I used the retired Wings paper some plain Sweet Leaf cardstock.  I used first and second generation stamping on the cardstock with butterflies from the Blessed stamp set and January's Stamp of the Month set, Find Your Style.  Finally, I cut out butterflies and "Jenny's Stamps" using the new Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  I put a few products inside that I knew she'd like (including the new Flutter Paper Shapes, natch), and voila, a custom gift.  I sure hope she likes it!


No comments:

Post a Comment